<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 21, 2008

Waiting for the night train 

I have sleep problems. I don't mean like insomnia or that I have a hard time falling asleep either. I have crazy ass sleep problems that I've had for such a long time that they have become just a part of life to me. I didn't realize just how messed up my sleep problems were until I went to a sleep clinic, took a questionnaire and then got sent straight away to a sleep study. I stayed over night and into the next day for a sleep latency test which is when you take five daytime naps every two hours with thingies hooked up to your head so they can tell if you're faking it or not. I took the test last Wednesday to Thursday but I won't get to find out the results until July 31st. I am *dying* of curiosity! The test is recorded by video camera all night and day too - with audio I might add. I know that they witnessed one of my sitting-up-in-bed-and-mumbling-craziness episodes. Too bad they didn't see the full scale screaming in panic because there's a spider in the room and I have to turn the lights on episodes or the flinging myself backwards out of bed against a wall episode. Keep in mind - these are not voluntary behaviors, I don't wake up till it's over and only partially remember what I do. I did think to ask if I could get a copy on DVD thinking it would make great party entertainment. I don't mind having a laugh at my own expense...as long as it's among friends.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters