<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Diseased Elephant Standing on the Table in the Middle of the Room 

This post is for anyone with a chronic disease. Don't you hate it when you tell a new acquaintance about your illness and you get "the look"? You know the look - the one that says, "Oh, sucks to be you. Crap, now I feel uncomfortable...quick, change the subject...do not look at the elephant in the room...DO NOT LOOK AT THE DISEASED ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM." That look passes as a fleeting shadow across their faces but it conveys all that.

It is so refreshing when someone actually asks me about my MS instead of treating me as if I had just proudly announced I had syphilis. It doesn't bother me at all to talk about it so it was indeed pleasant to tell my new business associate that I had MS and got the proper response - thoughtful and intelligent. Sometimes it's the little things that make a world of difference.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters