<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Jiminy Cricket must die 

Last night I painted - and painted - and painted. It gets my unresolved issues out of my head and onto the canvas, works out the stress, channels my anger, yada yada yada. So, I actually finished a 24x28 canvas and for once I think it's worth a damn but didn't get to bed until midnight. That's when the madness began. Jiminy f*cking Cricket had somehow found it's way into my house. These things are loud! I got out of bed following the noise to a corner in the kitchen. Using my trusty anti-cricket smasher (sandal) I tried to whack it but it scuttled under the stove where it refused to come out. I tried everything short of napalm but could not get at it. It chirped ALL NIGHT LONG...LOUDLY!!! The thing would not shut up. I didn't fall asleep until sometime after 3:30. This morning as I got ready for work I could still hear it.

Screw karma. When I get home tonight there will be carnage. Oh yes, that cricket will die.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters