<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

All I wanted was a date 

In an absurd moment of optimism I rsvp'd Xanthia plus 1 in reply to my friend's wedding invitation. I have several months to find a date, I thought to myself at the time, it can't be that hard to find a guy. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! What was I thinking???

Now, with the wedding only three weeks away and me completely gun-shy after a disastrous first attempt at getting back in the dating pool after a two year hiatus, I'm entirely perplexed.

Should I expend valuable energy "out in the field" looking for "The Guy" regardless of where my heart is at?

Should I bring one of my single girlfriends instead?

Or should I admit defeat and ask my friends if it's too late to change the rspv?

I'm tired of going solo. I'm tired of being the third wheel. I'm tired of the condescending looks of pity from couples. I'm tired of hearing "You're such a lovely girl, I don't understand how you're still single."

Am I going to a wedding or to hell???

Comments:
Well, I for one am glad you were there so we could have a dance.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters