<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Lust for Life 

What baffles me is how there can be so many married people in the world. Most people are ordinary. Most people lead ordinary lives, do nothing to make their world a better place, nothing remarkable and most people do not stand out physically either. Yet here they all are, married! How does it happen? I'm perplexed. How do they set themselves apart? How does it happen that someone looks at this common, complacent person and says to themselves "I cannot imagine life without this person. I want to spend the rest of my life with this person." These ordinary people, how do they earn undying love? Is it true that there is someone for everyone or is it closer to the truth, as I deeply suspect, that most people are afraid of being alone and willing to settle on something less real, less than pure honesty and devotion. I think a brave lust for life and love for another person are one and the same. If they can't feel that nameless love for life maybe they don't know what they're missing?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters