<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 06, 2005

Isn't it ironic? 

There is irony here somewhere. Just a week after I started making a serious effort to stop backsliding and get into healthier habits like eating fresh fruits and veggies everyday, drinking more water and green tea, no more coffee, getting more exercise etc my health takes a turn for the worse. Last Monday I woke up to an ache around my right eye which quickly spread. By Wednesday I had unbearable pain throughout the entire right hemisphere of my face, skull and neck. With a little help from my new best friend Vicodin I was able to get some much needed sleep that night. I'm now on steroids. Doc says it's most likely trigeminal neuralgia (say that five time fast) which is a fancy way of saying the MS is attacking the fifth and ninth nerve exiting my skull causing all kinds of misguided pain signals to filter back and forth between my brain and my face. I'm only going to be on the 'roids for eight days, thank fucking god! I usually don't like to swear but this is more than a little annoying not to mention really ironic.

Ok, for upbeat news, the rest of me feels just dandy and despite the head trip I'm in a surprisingly good mood. I'm getting my three season porch into a semi-habitable state, my butt is perkier than ever, my hair is glossy and I got to help facilitate with the adoption of three quaker parrots from the avian shelter. Quaker parrots are notoriously difficult to get adopted. I also think it's the dazzling change in the weather. I got a whiff of the first lilacs in bloom this morning! Oh yeah, if anyone is looking for a good read I would highly recommend 'Fluke' by Christopher Moore my favorite new author. It'll set you free.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters