<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

As Time Goes By 

Time marches on and science pushes on too. There are all kinds of drugs in the works right now and I take comfort in the fact that it's only a matter of time before something else becomes available to me. After all, Tysabri wasn't the magic bullet so I'm just letting it go. In the meantime I do not plan on going back to the drug I was on before (Rebif). If I only have to wait a few more months or even years before beginning a new MS modifying drug then I think it's worth the risk. The risk being that I may end up getting worse. I don't know exactly how long I've had MS. Judging from the symptoms I'm guessing I've had the lesions for at least six or seven years (probably longer) so I'm gambling (call me crazy!) that nothing will change significantly any time soon.

Comments:
I was on a tysabri trial for 2.5 years. Blind trial for 2 years and then real drug after that. They unblinded after the announcements of the deaths related to tysabri and Avonex (I belive). I was on drug the whole time. Headaches were the worst symptom I had. The headaches could be very bad, and continued day after day. I was saddened to hear of the withdrawl of the drug though, because I think it kept the MS in check for over two years. I hope they will be able to reintroduce Tysabri alone, but I am sure they will have a lot of hoops to jump through before they can do that.
 
Don't give up hope. Because Tysabri was so effective I'm sure they will find a way to bring it back.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters