<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tell me something good! 

The other day a friend of mine said that keeping a journal is a bad idea because it just makes you feel more depressed about your life. That's one way to look at it I suppose but I don't think self reflection necessarily needs to fall into a downward spiral of negativity and despair. I don't want to focus only on the bad days or all the problems that come with this disease. There are some good things that have come out of this, for example, I have an unlimited supply of pain killers and muscle relaxers. (that's a joke people!) It's also forced me to really think about what's most important in my life and to choose my friends wisely. It's helped me at the same time not to take life too seriously, to let lovers go, live in the now and to accept the disease as not good or bad but just 'is'. It's forced me to go outside of myself and do things for others. So this is all good right?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Counter
Free Counters